What type of company & personal information do we collect
Our online surety bond application requires applicants to submit the following basic information:
- Company – Legal Name, Address, Phone, Fax, Email
- Owner Information – Name, Address, DOB, etc.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or previous insurers, such as your policy coverage, claim information, premiums and payment history.
If the bond you intend to purchase requires underwriting the following Underwriting Information may be requested:
- Information we receive from you on applications or required questionnaires, such as your occupation, current employer and Social Security and driver’s license numbers;
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency, obtained for the purpose of ascertaining credit histories. These reports are obtained as underwriting tools to determine bill-paying habits and creditworthiness. These reports are not subject to race, gender or income.
- For further underwriting purposes we may request business information like but not limited to certified accounts and balance sheets and income statements.
Credit Card Data
We collect your credit card details when you provide these for payment purposes (and please note that we do not store your credit card information; we substitute your credit card information with a PCI compliant token to safeguard your details and provide you with maximum security);
How do we utilize this information?
We utilize the company and owner information to create a customer account in our online system. The voluntarily provided information is then used to fulfill your request, which is typically obtaining a firm surety bond quote and allowing you to buy the bond. Your company and personal information is not shared with outside entities, except for the surety companies we submit your application to and the agency who invited you to use Propeller Inc for your Surety Bonds. The Agency who introduced you does not receive underwriting information received for underwriting purposes or consumer credit reports.
We utilize applicant email addresses and phone numbers to communicate with customers about their specific bond application, notify of renewals and to ask for additional underwriting information or provide them with a quote. This information is under no circumstances shared with any outside entity other than the aforementioned above.
Rest assured that your company and ownership information will only be utilized in the above mentioned ways relating to your bond application. We do not sell your Confidential Information to others under any circumstances.
Propeller Inc takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We safeguard the security and integrity of your information. PropellerInc’s websites and internal information management systems are designed with the aim of preventing Information from being disclosed by any unauthorised means.
We restrict access to your Information to our employees and partners who need to know such information in order to provide you with the insurance products and services. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with U.S. federal and state regulations to guard your Information.
However, you should note that the inherent nature of the Internet is such that the security of information cannot be guaranteed 100%
We may capture click streams to help us learn what parts of our Web site are most popular and among which audiences. We may also use them to help us optimize our user interface, to analyze site usage statistically, to improve content, and to customize our Web site’s content and layout. In short, we use this information to allow us to tailor our Web site and to meet your needs better. We analyze click stream data to track trends and behaviors, not individuals. We are interested in our audience size, return visit rate, and similar data on an aggregate basis. We also capture date and time information of visits, pages visited, and the time you spend with us.
A cookie is a small data file placed on your computer containing standard internet log and visitor behaviour information, but not any information that could personally identify you.
For further information visit aboutcookies.org or allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, our website features may not function as a result.
- We use Google Analytics, Bing ads, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, and other services that place cookies on a browser across the website to help us analyse website visitor behaviour and to increase the website’s effectiveness for our visitors. These cookies are set and read by the third party vendors, such as Google.
- We use a session cookie to remember your login to the PropellerInc website or online portal to improve usability.
- We use Google and Bing Webmasters, data from Google Analytics Demographics, Interest Reporting and third party audience data to help us understand how people find and use our site. This statistical data is used to provide better services and more relevant content to our users based on demographic and interest data.
- We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the Internet, specifically on the Google Display Network (GDN). As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other third party remarketing system. Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads. You can opt out of Bing ads within Bing profile settings.
- We and our third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to: – Inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website; and – Find out how ad impressions, ad services, and your interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.